This tour was designed especially for those seeking the Portuguese culture, food and wine. With one of the most privileged views over the historic centre of Porto, UNESCO's World Heritage Site, you will visit one of the finest Port Wine Cellar and enjoy a cruise in a Rabelo Boat. Any trip to Porto wouldn't be complete without tasting the amazing Portuguese food.
- Walking tour in Porto's Historic Centre - UNESCO's World Heritage Site, with Certified Private Guide
- Tour to world-renowned Port Wine Cellar
- Cruise in the Douro River
- Visit to one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world
- Visit to the building with the most different architectonic styles in the city
- Magnificent landscapes of Douro River
Prices and Available Options:
€ 190 (price per person)
- Walking tour in the Porto's historic centre with Certified Private guide
- 1 guided visit and wine tasting at 1 renowned Port Wine cellar
- 1 Lunch with pre-set menu and drinks
- 1 Boat trip in the Douro River
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses
- Other complementary services not included in the itinerary
- Monuments entrance fees (tickets available to purchase at the entrance)
Feel Ready to Book this Tour?
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to confirmation according to availability. You will receive an email with the details of the reservation and after that (in a 48h period), a confirmation email.
- The confirmation Voucher includes complete information about the tour operator including phone numbers and places.
- Reservation guaranteed with credit card number.
- Tax is already included according to the legal tax in Portugal.
- Any suplements are paid separately.
- Payment: It will be charged 100% of the amount of the reservation when the reservation is confirmed.
- Cancellation: until 7 days prior to the date of the tour: it will be charged a 2,50% fee on the total amount of the reservation. Cancellation with less than 7 days prior to the tour date: it will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
- No show: it will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
- In the case of a force majeure event (are considered effects of force majeure event as follows: natural phenomena, natural disasters, fires, heavy rains, floods, volcanic eruptions, traffic accident, hostilities or any local or national emergencies; invasions; obedience to any order or application of any competent authority or any other public authority, decision or government intervention, military action, revolutions, strikes, civil disorder, transport reduction; closed airports or any other event, circumstance or exceptional and catastrophic emergency that makes it impossible, illegal or prevents customers traveling) the company WINTP - Wine Tourism in Portugal Lda. will not be held responsible for customers affected by the force majeure event, nor shall reimburse, or shall pay any fees, costs, expenses or any other value, booking changes or cancellations, per: a) any cancellation or change of reservation made by customers because of the force majeure event or; b) because it was not used part of the reserve due to the force majeure event.
You will meet with the Private Guide who will show you the highlights of of Porto. We will take you to the Clérigos Tower, designed and decorated by the Italian architect Nicolau Nasoni, located near Lello Bookstore, considered by Lonely Planet one of the three most beautiful bookstores in the world. Across Aliados Avenue, you will find São Bento Railway Station, where you can observe its twenty thousand painted tiles, depicting historical landmarks. Continue to Santa Catarina street where is located the Majestic Café. Then, enjoy one of the most beautiful views over the Douro River from Porto Cathedral. Originally built in the 12th century, Porto Cathedral still has the original merlons and twin towers, although the towers are now topped by 18th century additions. It has undergone various alterations over the centuries, the most important additions being the Gothic rose window and cloister (14th century), the 17th century chancel, the 18th century high altar retable and the rococo doorway. Worthy of particular note is the work done by Nicolau Nasoni in the 18th century, especially in the murals and balconies.then, you will visit the Stock Exchange Palace of Porto "Palácio da Bolsa", the building with the most different architectural styles in Porto. Last but not least, a visit to the Church of Saint Francis that is the most prominent Gothic monument in Porto, being also noted for its outstanding Baroque inner decoration. Decorated with exuberant gilt wood work or gold leaf “talha dourada” , this decorative richness covering almost completely the roofs of the aisles, pillars, window frames and chapels and hiding the underlying mediaeval architecture.
Lunch is waiting for you at Decastro Gaia Restaurant. you will discover a place for tasting, where wines are matched with Portuguese snacks under the guidance of renowned Chef Miguel Castro Silva at Decastro Gaia Restaurant. The gastronomy embraces the concept of innovation, diversification and modernity of Porto Cruz project, challenging visitors to taste new experiences that test the palate in an informal yet stylish ambiance. Enjoy a Cocktail with Port Wine in the rooftop with 360º views over the Cellars and river and the food inside the restaurant paired with Dalva wine.
Then, you will visit one of the oldest Port Wine Cellar in the world – Ferreira Cellars. Go back to the origins of the Portuguese soul and traditions and discover more about the Dona Antónia, the woman, in the man times, who gave Ferreira its name and prestigious. For small groups, a private visit to the "Hall of Belongings of D. Antonia" and Ferreirinha Museum. Commented wine tasting of five Port Wines Ferreirinha in the "Old Bar", a tasting room with charateristics of the XIX century.
After the visit, you will enjoy a boat trip in the Douro River. Gently sliding along the Douro waters, this journey offers you a magnificent and unique view in Porto, enjoying the rustling of the locals, the tradition behind the wine that has taken the city's name up to Serra do Pilar Monastery, rising from the top of the escarpment. Discover the story-telling bridges in these cities that connect cultures and reveal a one and only scenery we toast with the title of World Heritage.
End of the Tour
Feel Ready to Book this Tour?