This tour was designed for the contemporary architecture enthusiasts. Lisbon is rich in different architecture styles although the modern has a special highlight in this tour. The first contemporary sign leads you before 1950, however, it’s always referred the political episode of April 25th as the real booster of this artistic movement. Besides the architecture you can try the excellent Portuguese’s wines and gastronomy and enjoy an excellent night’s rest in an unusual hotel.
- Contemporary / Modern Architecture in the City of Lisbon
- Breathtaking landscape
- Wine Experience and regional products at one of the best wine bars in Lisbon
Prices and Available Options:
From € 350 (price per person based on double room)
- Private Driver on the second day in a deluve vehicle Mercedes
- 1 Night acommodation in a Double Room or similar
- 1 Breakfast in the acommodation unit
- 1 Lunch with pre-set menu and drinks
- 1 Dinner with pre-set menu and drinks
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses
Monuments entrance fees (available to purchase at the entrance)
- Other services not included in the itinerary
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to confirmation according to availability. You will receive an email with the details of the reservation and after that (in a 48h period), a confirmation email.
- The confirmation Voucher includes complete information about the tour operator including phone numbers and places.
- Reservation guaranteed with credit card number.
- Tax is already included according to the legal tax in Portugal.
- Any suplements are paid separately.
- Payment: It will be charged 100% of the amount of the reservation when the reservation is confirmed.
- Cancellation: until 45 days prior to the date of the tour: it will be charged a 2,50% fee on the total amount of the reservation. Cancellation with less than 45 days prior to the tour date: it will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
- No show: it will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
- In the case of a force majeure event (are considered effects of force majeure event as follows: natural phenomena, natural disasters, fires, heavy rains, floods, volcanic eruptions, traffic accident, hostilities or any local or national emergencies; invasions; obedience to any order or application of any competent authority or any other public authority, decision or government intervention, military action, revolutions, strikes, civil disorder, transport reduction; closed airports or any other event, circumstance or exceptional and catastrophic emergency that makes it impossible, illegal or prevents customers traveling) the company WINTP - Wine Tourism in Portugal Lda. will not be held responsible for customers affected by the force majeure event, nor shall reimburse, or shall pay any fees, costs, expenses or any other value, booking changes or cancellations, per: a) any cancellation or change of reservation made by customers because of the force majeure event or; b) because it was not used part of the reserve due to the force majeure event.
We sugest a self-guided visit to the oriental area of the city. You should visit the Gare do Oriente (Train Station) design by Santiago Calatrava, the Pavilhão Atlântico (events center), the Vasco da Gama Tower from Catherine Coelho Mathuskara, the Pavilhão de Portugaldesign by Siza Vieira and the Oceanarium’s Peter Chermayeff.
Close to the monuments you will find the stuning River Lounge Restaurant. Be amazed by the stunning views to the Tagus River. The restaurant gives you an haute cuisine with Mediterranean influence paired with a Portuguese wines selection of high quality. In the same building, closer to entertainment places such as museums and the Lisbon’s Casino, stands your hotel, Myriad by SANA Hotels.
Check-in at Myriad by SANA Hotel, one of the most modern and tallest hotels in the country. Located on the bank of the Tejo River and with boasting panoramic views, the MYRIAD is a unique and futuristic oasis that offers a luxurious and contemporary accommodation. It has a restaurant with an excellent selection of Portuguese wines, a stylish bar and an indoor swimming pool with SPA facilities and fitness. With an original and colourful décor, the rooms and suites are spacious and offer stunning views of Lisbon, the Tejo River and Vasco da Gama Bridge.
End of day.
Breakfast at the Hotel followed by check-out.
The private driver is waiting for you in the loby of the hotel.
You will enjoy a drive/walking tour to discover the main contemporary/modern Architecture in the City of Lisbon. The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is the first high scale building of modern expression in Portugal, design by the team Rui Atouguia, Pedro Cid and Alberto Pessoa. Then we will take you to discover Lisbon’s downtown. The visit of the National Museum of Contemporary Art – Museu do Chiado -, which was expanded and valued by the Jean-Michel Wilmotte’s project, is a must-see.
To the wine and gastronomy enthusiasts we will take you to lunch in the Chiado’s neighborhood, in one of the best Wine Bars in Lisbon, the By the Wine from the well-renown producer José Maria da Fonseca Wines.
After lunch, you will visit the Belém Cultural Center design by the architect Vittorio Gregotti, mixed the modern rationalism with the historic facts, which harmoniously are connected with the monuments in which it’s included, some of the most important city’s monuments. Nearby the National Coaches Museum of the author Paulo Mendes da Rocha is other highlight that you must visit. Afterwords, you will have the opportunity to find the Maritime Control Tower and the Estoril Sol Residence, design by Gonçalo Byrne, and visit the Casa das Histórias design by Eduardo Souto Moura in Cascais.
Drop-off in Lisbon
End of the Tour.
The map of the tour will be available soon.