Recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage Site since 2001, Douro Region is the oldest Wine Demarcated Region in the world, stretching through an area of more than 40 000 hectares. In a full-day wine tour you will have the opportunity to visit some of its more charming wine estates where Port and Douro wines are produced and enjoy a delicious picnic.
Prices and available options:
From € 115 (price per person based on 2 people - Self Drive)
From € 300 (price per person based on 2 people - with Private Driver)
- Pick-up and Drop-off in Porto or Porto Airport (private driver option)
- Tour in the Douro Valley with private driver/guide for the entire duration of the tour in a car of superior range Mercedes (private driver option)
- 2 Guided visits with wine tasting at 2 renowned Port and Douro wine producing estates
- 1 Lunch in the vineyard (Picnic) with pre-set menu and drinks
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses
- Flights or other means of transportation used to get to the starting point of the itinerary
- Other complementary services not included in the itinerary
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to confirmation according to availability. You will receive an email with the details of the reservation and after that (in a 48h period), a confirmation email.
- The confirmation Voucher includes complete information about the tour operator including contacts and directions.
- Reservation guaranteed with a credit card number.
- Tax is already included according to the legal tax in Portugal.
- Any supplements are paid separately.
- Payment: 50% of the total amount of the tour in the booking confirmation. 50% of the total amount of the tour at 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour. Or 100% of the total amount of the tour in the booking confirmation if less than 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour.
- Cancellation: Cancellations up to 45 days prior the Tour: Non-refundable deposit (up to € 1.000 the deposit will be the total amount). Cancellations less than 45 days prior the Tour or no show: 100% of the total booking will be charged.
- No show: 100% of the total booking price will be charged.
- In the case of a force majeure event (are considered effects of force majeure event as follows: natural phenomena, natural disasters, fires, heavy rains, floods, volcanic eruptions, traffic accident, hostilities or any local or national emergencies; invasions; obedience to any order or application of any competent authority or any other public authority, decision or government intervention, military action, revolutions, strikes, civil disorder, transport reduction; closed airports or any other event, circumstance or exceptional and catastrophic emergency that makes it impossible, illegal or prevents customers traveling) the company WINTP - Wine Tourism in Portugal Lda. will not be held responsible for customers affected by the force majeure event, nor shall reimburse, or shall pay any fees, costs, expenses or any other value, booking changes or cancellations, per: a) any cancellation or change of reservation made by customers because of the force majeure event or; b) because it was not used part of the reserve due to the force majeure event.
Pick-up in Porto, with Private driver/guide, you will go towards the Douro Valley (Private Driver Option).
We will take you to visit some of the most charming places in Portugal. To start, Real Companhia Velha's crown jewel - Quinta das Carvalhas. In the largest estate in Douro where you will have the opportunity to discover the Estate and learn about the wine culture in the Douro Region and taste the great wines.
Your journey will continue to Quinta do Seixo, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious regional products Picnic in the Vineyard (or have a wine lunch if it rains) accompanied with amazing views.
After your lunch, you will visit Quinta da Pacheca or Quinta do Vallado, where you will be able to observe the quality combined with the most advanced technology and taste the famous wines.
Return to Porto (Private Driver Option).
End of the Tour
- World Heritage Site, by UNESCO
- Wine experiences in renowned Port and Douro wine producing estates
- Guided Tours to a renowned wine estates in Douro
- Picnic in the vineyard or wine lunch
- Breathtaking landscape