This 3-day self-driving tour will give you the freedom to explore the best wine tastings and wineries in Douro Valley. In Douro Valley, you will find a wide range of wine styles including the famous Port Wine, Muscat and emblematic reds and whites to taste.
Stay at the best hotels in Douro Valley, renowned and savvy in the art of welcoming. Wake up to the breathtaking landscape of Douro during this 3-day tour. Learn about wine and winemaking processes and the history of the oldest wine region in the world.
Enjoy the nature in each of the 3 guided tours along the best vineyards in the Douro Valley and end it in a major tone with traditional food and wine tastings and relax in a River Cruise in a traditional Rabelo boat.
Prices and Available Options:
From € 325 (price per person based on double occupancy)
- 2 Nights Accommodation in a Double Room or similar, in the Douro Valley
- 2 Breakfasts mentioned in the itinerary
- 3 Guided visits with wine tasting at 3 renowned “Quintas” Wineries
- 1 Dinner with pre-set menu and drinks
- 1 Cruise in the Douro River in a Rabelo Boat (2-hour)
- All the insurances required by Turismo de Portugal
- Personal expenses
- Private driver/Transfers
- Other services not included in the itinerary
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to confirmation according to availability. You will receive an email with the details of the reservation and after that (in a 48h period), a confirmation email.
- The confirmation Voucher includes complete information about the tour operator including contacts and directions.
- Reservation guaranteed with a credit card number.
- Tax is already included according to the legal tax in Portugal.
- Any supplements are paid separately.
- Payment: 50% of the total amount of the tour in the booking confirmation. 50% of the total amount of the tour at 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour. Or 100% of the total amount of the tour in the booking confirmation if less than 45 days prior to the beginning of the tour.
- Cancellation: Cancellations up to 45 days prior the Tour: Non-refundable deposit (up to € 1.000 the deposit will be the total amount). Cancellations less than 45 days prior the Tour or no show: 100% of the total booking will be charged.
- No show: 100% of the total booking price will be charged.
- In the case of a force majeure event (are considered effects of force majeure event as follows: natural phenomena, natural disasters, fires, heavy rains, floods, volcanic eruptions, traffic accident, hostilities or any local or national emergencies; invasions; obedience to any order or application of any competent authority or any other public authority, decision or government intervention, military action, revolutions, strikes, civil disorder, transport reduction; closed airports or any other event, circumstance or exceptional and catastrophic emergency that makes it impossible, illegal or prevents customers traveling) the company WINTP - Wine Tourism in Portugal Lda. will not be held responsible for customers affected by the force majeure event, nor shall reimburse, or shall pay any fees, costs, expenses or any other value, booking changes or cancellations, per: a) any cancellation or change of reservation made by customers because of the force majeure event or; b) because it was not used part of the reserve due to the force majeure event.
Wne Tourism in Portugal will take you to visit this magnificent region.
Your first visit will be at Quinta De La Rosa Winery, where it is produced the wine that is provided to some of the most important Restaurants and Retailers all over the world. The vineyard of Quinta de La Rosa spreads along the banks of the Douro River and rises to an altitude of 400 meters. There are 11 separate vineyards, some of them located along the banks of the Douro River while others are set at an altitude of 400 meters. In here you will have a guided tour and wine tasting.
Check in at Quinta de La Rosa Wine Hotel. Quinta de La Rosa was built in an unusual location, on a hill with steep stairs that connect the different levels besides the Douro River. The Bergqvist family has been making Port wine since 1815. The Quinta de La Rosa estate was offered as baptism gift to Claire Feuheerd, Sophia's grandmother, in 1906. This is a family-owned wine producer's estate that offers its guests the opportunity to enjoy and relax in a unique atmosphere. The Wine Hotel offers an eclectic range of accommodation to suit your needs during your visit to the Douro. All its 14 rooms have views of the Douro and pool access.
End of day
Wake up to the beautiful landscape of the Douro Valley and recharge your batteries with a fantastic breakfast in the Hotel.
Close to the Hotel, you will discover Quinta do Bomfim. Located in the heart of the world’s oldest demarcated wine region, the Upper Douro Valley. The quinta is family-owned and the Symingtons have worked here for five generations. Visitors are able to appreciate the rich heritage of this vineyard whilst visiting the winery and the old wine cellar, or they may enjoy a walk through the vineyards. Tastings are available of family-made Ports and Douro DOC wines on the terrace with breathtaking views of the river and the surrounding vineyards. You will have a guided visit and a wine tasting.
Within short walking distance, you will visit Quinta da Roêda. CROFT PORT is one of the most distinguished of all Port houses. Founded in 1588, it is the oldest firm still active today as a Port wine producer. The company is renowned above all for its Vintage Ports as well as for its range of wood aged reserves and tawnies, time-honoured styles refined by skill and experience passed down the generations. But in spite of its rich heritage and history spanning over four centuries, Croft has never been constrained by tradition. Today, as in the past, it maintains a pioneering spirit, continuing to create innovative new styles such as Croft Pink, the first ever rosé Port. Guided tour in the vineyard and traditional lagares, tasting of PINK, Reserva and Tawny 10 year and roasted almonds.
After the wine experiences, you will enjoy dinner at Cozinha da Clara Restaurant. With fabulous views over the river, Quinta de la Rosa's Restaurant was opened in the summer of 2017. Named after Clara’s grandmother whose love of food and entertainment was legendary, the restaurant is called "cozinha da clara", literally meaning claire's kitchen. The executive chef is pedro cardoso.
End of day
Breakfast in the Hotel followed by Check-out.
We suggest a self-guided visit to Pinhão.
Then, you will have a Douro River Cruise in a Rabelo Boat. Aboard the rabelo boat live moments of intimacy with the nature while you travel with emotion along the history until the times when the rabelos boats moved by the force of the sails. Feel like a true sailor, an integral part of the vessel in a unique environment. In a 2h experience, be amazed by the scenarios that Douro has to offer on a two-hour cruise.
End of the Tour
- River Cruise in a traditional Rabelo boat
- Wine tasting at the best wineries in Douro Valley
- Accommodation in the most renowned wine hotels
- Wine experiences in the famous Port Wine and Douro wine producing estates
- Breathtaking landscape